I was studying for my Ethics final when I happened across this gem in the study guide prepared by our teacher:
e. Others still object that humans deserve greater consideration of interests because we are rational. Explain Singer's response to this claim.(Hint: It has to do with infants and retards)
Retards? I am slightly disturbed that the man I'm learning ethics from casually banters 'retards' around. Mentally retarded, maybe, but never just 'retards'. When someone has a PH.D in Ethics, I would think that they wouldn't sound like a bigot on a regular basis, but I was wrong.
e. Others still object that humans deserve greater consideration of interests because we are rational. Explain Singer's response to this claim.(Hint: It has to do with infants and retards)
Retards? I am slightly disturbed that the man I'm learning ethics from casually banters 'retards' around. Mentally retarded, maybe, but never just 'retards'. When someone has a PH.D in Ethics, I would think that they wouldn't sound like a bigot on a regular basis, but I was wrong.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home