Well, I think my month and a half battle with the Ear Infection that Wouldn't Die is finally over. I have basically been in constant pain since the third week of September. Round One: I awake to pain that feels like an ice pick in my ear. I go to the docter that afternoon who prescribes drops and antibiotics. Within the next week, there is no pain. Round Two: I wake up and my ear is completely closed and I get a chance to see what being deaf really is like. I still am taking medication from the last incident, so I continue to take the drops and pills and it clears up, although not completely. I would have gone to the doctor again, but I didn't want my parents to come get me in the middle of the week again, because its a hassle and we had some family stuff going on. The next week or so passes without much pain, but its still annoying not to hear clearly. Round Three: This past Saturday I wake up to pain and more closure, so my mom squeezes me in an appointment, and I get stronger medication. Everything seems better until Round Four: I wake up yesterday and its basically the same as it was on Saturday. After a good 30 minute sob, I call my mom to come get me. Another trip to the doctor ends up with steroids. AND FINALLY my ear feels better. God.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home